Photographers are encouraged to enter their best shots of their own home gardens or yards or public green spaces into the first ever SHR National Public Garden Week Photo Contest. Join us in celebrating nature and landscapes this National Public Garden Week – May 8-17!
Entrants may submit one photograph in each of the contest’s three categories: ‘Fun in Nature’, ‘Plants Up Close’, & ‘Landscape & Garden’. There is no cost to enter the contest, and all ages may participate. Photographers can submit only one photograph per category.
Entries must be submitted by 6 p.m. on May 17th. Winners will be announced the following week.
Judges will select a first- and second-place photograph in each category and winners will have their photos featured on social media and used in the 2021 National Public Gardens Week Photo Contest materials.
Winners will be announced on SHR’s social media platforms.
Photographs must be submitted digitally to email@example.com. Photographers must send one email per entry. Email subject lines should follow this format: Entrant’s last name, photo category. Please include any social media handles for Facebook or Instagram that we may use to tag you.
JPEG image files should be submitted at the highest quality compression allowed by the camera or smartphone at a resolution of 300 dpi. Minimum is 2408 x 3508 pixels; ideal is 3508 x 4961 pixels.
Standard optimization techniques, such as removal of dust, cropping, saturation and sharpening are allowed. Other optimizing techniques such as combinations of images and compositional changes will result in disqualification.
No copyright marks, logos or photographer names should appear on any image.
Usage and licensing:
Photographers retain copyright to all images submitted to the contest subject to the provisions of usage and licensing
You grant SHR and its supporting partners a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, enlarge, publish, bring within printable color gamut, or exhibit on any media, the photographs for any purpose connected with the contest. This may include, but is not limited to:
- inclusion in social media, website, and media outlets associated with the contest
- display at any associated exhibitions
- use in press releases to be distributed to national, regional & specialist press giving information about or promoting the contest
By submitting images to the Contest, you confirm and warrant that:
- You are the sole author of each entry and that it is your original work
- You are the sole owner of the copyright in each image
- You have the permission of those pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by SHR and will indemnify SHR against any claims made by any third parties in respect of any infringement of copyright or privacy
- You have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by SHR
- You will be responsible for any claim by any third party in respect of your entry
- You agree not to use, or permit the use of, any images taken of or from SHR for any purpose other than entering this Contest or your own personal use. You expressly agree not to use such images for commercial purposes such as sale or license to third parties